Registrations now open: Trajectories of Dying workshop
Registrations are now open for the 'Trajectories of dying workshop: Recognise, Strategise, Do'
Presented in partnership with the Centre for Palliative Care Research and Education, Metro North Hospital and Health Service and Brisbane North PHN, we invite GPs with an interest in end of life care to attend the Trajectories of dying workshop.
General Practitioners (GPs) who care for people with life-limiting conditions and/or older persons are invited to register. GP Registrars and medical students with an interested are welcome to register.
- to build on existing knowledge and practice to increase understanding and recognition of end of life trajectories
- consider available strategies to provide support for those receiving palliative care services in Brisbane North
- to share knowledge and experience of caring for people with palliative care needs.
- Professor Geoff Mitchell, University of Queensland School of Medicine
- Dr James Stevenson, Director of Palliative Care, The Prince Charles Hospital
- Dr Jeff Rowland, General Medicine, The Prince Charles Hospital (MC)
Guest speakers are subject to change without notice.
Date: Thursday 20 February 2020
Time: 6.00 pm - 8.30 pm (Light dinner provided on arrival, speakers commence at 6.30 pm)
Venue: Kedron Wavell Services Club, Sky Lounge, 21 Kittyhawk Drive Chermside Qld 4032
Cost: Free to attend.
Registration is essential for venue and catering purposes. RSVPs close Friday 14 February 2020 (unless sold out prior).
To RSVP, please contact the Health Alliance on 07 3630 7323 or firstname.lastname@example.org